CV Police Department
The CV Police Department is committed to providing its citizens with the best police protection. It makes our efforts much easier if we are made aware of vacations, funerals, or other times when our residents will not be home for extended periods.
The CVPD offers the residents of CV a Vacation House Watch Program. Residents may contact the department prior to a vacation or business trip and request that a patrol car make periodic checks of their home while they are away. Simply give the Police Department the below information at least three days PRIOR to leaving. Note that this information needs to be furnished to the Administrative Section of the Police Department. Please do not contact City Hall or the Police Dispatcher.
- Your name, address and phone number.
- The dates you will be away.
- What cars will be in the garage, carport or driveway.
- What lights will be left on – Be sure to mention what rooms the lights will be in, whether or not you have set timers or have motion lights.
- The name and phone number of your alarm company, if applicable.
- The name and number of at least one person (a key holder) who can be reached locally in case of an emergency while you are away. Check on the button to learn about E.A.R.P.
- Who will be allowed in and around the home while you are gone.
- A telephone number or address where you can be reached while you are gone.
(The above information can be sent to the CVPD in the body of an email, if desired.)
When making vacation plans, or any time that your home will be unoccupied for a period of time, remember to arrange to have music and lights turned on by timers at varying times while you’re away. Have grass cut in summer, snow shoveled in winter, and mail and newspapers picked up or cancelled so that it’s not obvious that no one is at home.
Remember, even with the police watching your house, good neighbors are the best defense against criminal activity. Get to know your neighbors and watch out for each other!
NOTE: We do request that upon your return home that you notify our Department so that the house watch can be cancelled. You can do this by calling the Police Department at (870) 257-5252, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00 – 3:00pm. If you arrive home during the evening hours or on the weekends, please contact the CVPD the next working day during office hours. DO NOT CALL 911 or the Police Dispatcher to report that you have returned. Please wait and contact the CVPD Administrative Office during regular work hours.